Friday, February 19, 2010

Wheat Free Healthy Blender Pancakes

This is one of my favorites.  These are not your typical pancakes so don't expect light and fluffy!  These will be heavier then you are used to because of the egg whites but my kids love them, even without butter or syrup and I make them almost every day.

What you need:

1 cup egg whites
1 cup natural peach yogurt
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)


How to make them:

Put all ingredients in the blender and turn it on high. Blend until you have a nice looking batter. I turn my blender on liquefy. If the batter looks a little thick I add just a little milk so that it will blend better. Cook on an electric skillet or stove on medium low. I usually get 12-16 medium sized pancakes out of this batter.

Sometimes I will put a different flavor of yogurt in or even cut up a banana or apple. I have also added vanilla protein powder to these for the extra protein. They taste great and you can make a bunch and freeze them for snacks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment